Hi,

I support graduation. The project has a good group of supporters, and
has demonstrated continued growth over time. It's a stable project,
and should graduate.

In the future, I hope it becomes easier to install and maintain
(i.e. yum package management). I've been looking into what it would
take to post it to EPEL. After graduation, this seems like a
natural progression.

Also, after meeting with representatives from other campuses, I found that
they really had a problem configuring VCL the first time (Most of the
off campus
calls I receive about VCL were asking for help configuring VCL. In
particular,
what equipment to use, how to setup DHCP, how to configure Shibboleth,
how to make it work under windows - as for the last one, please don't!).
If there had been some examples of actual equipment configurations, and
some screen
shots of configuration pages, it would have been nice.

IMHO, it think it would be helpful to setup a demo system on the VCL
website.
Just to help people who haven't had any exposure to VCL get an idea
what to expect. From what I've experienced, people want to compare it to
things like Citrix, but give up because they have trouble setting up a
test bed.

Just my 2 cents worth,

__Jim O'Dell

--