From: James O'Dell []
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2012 9:12 AM
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Graduation

I support graduation. The project has a good group of supporters, and has
demonstrated continued growth over time. It's a stable project, and should

In the future, I hope it becomes easier to install and maintain (i.e. yum
package management). I've been looking into what it would take to post it to
EPEL. After graduation, this seems like a natural progression.

Also, after meeting with representatives from other campuses, I found that they
really had a problem configuring VCL the first time (Most of the off campus
calls I receive about VCL were asking for help configuring VCL. In particular,
what equipment to use, how to setup DHCP, how to configure Shibboleth, how to
make it work under windows - as for the last one, please don't!).
If there had been some examples of actual equipment configurations, and some
screen shots of configuration pages, it would have been nice.

IMHO, it think it would be helpful to setup a demo system on the VCL website.
Just to help people who haven't had any exposure to VCL get an idea what to
expect. From what I've experienced, people want to compare it to things like
Citrix, but give up because they have trouble setting up a test bed.

Just my 2 cents worth,

__Jim O'Dell

Jim O'Dell
Network Analyst