On May 1, 2012, at 12:44 PM, Andy Kurth wrote:

> Status File:
> (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/content/projects/vcl.xml)
> This is not up to date and is missing information.  Previous board
> reports need to be added.  News items need to be added containing the
> string "new committer".  Doing this will cause the numberCommittersNew
> column on the "Status of the Clutch" page to turn green
> (http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html).
>
> Also, the list of commiters in the status file and project page hasn't
> changed since Apache VCL started.  The new committers obviously need
> to be added.  I'm not sure how the original list was decided upon, but
> I feel several names should be removed since they have not contributed
> any code and some have not been involved in the community at all.  I
> think the list should be Aaron Coburn, David Hutchins, Andy Kurth,
> James O'Dell, Aaron Peeler, Josh Thompson.  Also, Brian Bouterse
> contributed some code a while ago.  I'm not sure if he is still
> interested in being a committer.

I've added news items and updated the committers list for: David Hutchins,
Aaron Coburn, and James O'dell.

Andrew Kurth, Josh Thompson, and Aaron Peeler were all on the initial
committers list. If you are implying that that list should be the current
committers list -- as a podling graduates, the committers/PMC members of the
podling are named in the graduation proposal. That list is not necessarily all
of the committers on the podling committers list. It's not uncommon for initial
committers to have very little/no participation in the podling. The podling
should discuss this and propose the list of committers for the new project.

If you feel Brian Bouterse's contributions merit consideration for committer,
please bring this up on private@ and let's discuss…

--kevan