Hi Gary,

Prior to the reboot, the VCL site should go into maintenance mode to
prevent a user from creating a reservation while this reboot procedure
happens.  You'll want to write a script that enumerates the VMs running on
the VM host prior to shutdown, then bring those VMs back up after reboot.
 Once the VM host is back online, bring VCL out of maintenance mode.

I know this would be pretty straightforward with ESXi, but I'm not sure
about VMWare Server 2.  I just did a quick Google search and found this:

http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/start-stop-vmware-virtualization-vms-command.html

Regards,
Mike

--