Hi All,

I've been working on an initial spec file for VCL 2.2.1. Currently I
believe all the dependencies, CPAN modules included, can be obtained
from the EPEL and RPMForge repositories. If the project is going to
support RHEL and CentOS only then providing a RPM could allow you to
remove the requirement to run (and maintain) the perl libs install
script.

Still a bit more work to do, but I thought I would send it along
before I get too far to find out if anyone has
suggestions/comments/criticisms. :)

You can see it here: https://github.com/cybera/rpmspecs/blob/master/vcl.spec

Right now it creates 3 packages: a main doc package (just contains the
sql files right now), a web package, and a management node package.

One question I have is about the:

use VMware::Vix::Simple;
use VMware::Vix::API::Constants

in the VIX_API.pm file. Those libraries are not, AFAIK, distributed
with VCL and the official install docs don't ask to have them
installed either. But the rpmbuild process picks those modules up as
requirements.

Thanks,
Curtis.