Riny Qian wrote:

> Darren J Moffat wrote:
>> Why do we need to expose the difference between
>> console-login and vconsole-login ?  I don't think we
>> need and more importantly I don't see a benefit to
>> the admin in doing so.
>>

> The main reason is that the vconsole-login service is only available
> in the global zone.  Actually at the beginning, I also tried to make
> console-login into a multiple instances service.

I don't see how that means you need a separate vconsole-login service.

It just means that in a non global zone only the default
instance is present and online.

The correct interface here is to have only a single
service name and multiple instances.

I'm quite strongly opposed to having vconsole-login
separate from console-login.

If you need help working out how to have a the vt? instances
only active in the global zone then ask the smf-discuss list
for help.

--
Darren J Moffat