All,

We're working virtual consle for Solaris:
http://www.opensolaris.org/os/project/vconsole/vconsole-spec.txt

and we're proposing some changes to logindevperm(4). Could you
please take a look, especially section 2.7.2 For other console
devices (audio, libusb/ugen, and so on)?:

    . The ownership will not be changed any more. That means they will
      always be owned by root.
    . When a non-root user logs into the system, a rw- ACL entry
      for this user will be added to these other console devices.
    . When a non-root user logs out the system, that ACL entry for
      this user will be removed from all these other console devices.

Is there any conflict with allocate(1) or TX?

thanks,
Riny