On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 5:02 AM, Ian
Clatworthy<ian.clatwor...@canonical.com> wrote:
> * progress and checkpoint messages removed
> * all tag commands last, sorted by tag name
> * all blobs inline

That can make the dump much larger than with separate blobs.

> * all file-commands ordered in some agreed way, e.g. deletes, modifies,
>  renames, copies and alphabetically sorted within each group.
> * ???

How about:
  * all "optional" LFs included
  * all dates in "raw" format (seconds-since-epoch + " " + tzoffset)
  * the weird it's-not-a-merge-but-it-looks-like-a-merge commits
generated by cvs2git and accepted by git-fast-import fixed somehow

(Sorry if that last one is vague... I don't remember the details, but
I do remember having a hard time getting hg-fastimport to handle
cvs2git output because if it.  Not sure if I ever actually solved that
problem.)

Greg