On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:58, Sverre Rabbelier <srabbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think it makes to ignore options that are not for our vcs, as long
> as options that change import behavior (such as marks, date-format)
> are combined with, say, 'feature tool=git'. This way we can be sure
> that when outputting out a vcs specific stream, it is only parsed by
> that vcs.
> Note: yes, I know that marks and date-format are features now, but
> there's really no other suitable example that I could think of).
> vcs fast import devs please ack this idea (and perhaps suggest
> something other than "feature tool=git" if preferable) so that I can
> reroll my gfi-options series :).

Shawn, what do you want to do with this, it seems the vcs devs are not
very interested in this feature, should I implement it as described
above? That is:
  * If you use any option that is stream-changing you should include
"feature tool=git" in your stream
  * import-marks and export-marks are made into features
  * "option vcs" is ignored if vcs is a different vcs
  * "option vcs" must be recognised if vcs is this vcs

Sverre Rabbelier

Post to     : vcs-fast-import-devs@lists.launchpad.net