Hi,

On Wed, 28 Oct 2009, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 10:58, Sverre Rabbelier <srabbel...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think it makes to ignore options that are not for our vcs, as long
> > as options that change import behavior (such as marks, date-format)
> > are combined with, say, 'feature tool=git'. This way we can be sure
> > that when outputting out a vcs specific stream, it is only parsed by
> > that vcs.
> >
> > Note: yes, I know that marks and date-format are features now, but
> > there's really no other suitable example that I could think of).
> >
> > vcs fast import devs please ack this idea (and perhaps suggest
> > something other than "feature tool=git" if preferable) so that I can
> > reroll my gfi-options series :).
>
> Shawn, what do you want to do with this, it seems the vcs devs are not
> very interested in this feature, should I implement it as described
> above? That is:
>   * If you use any option that is stream-changing you should include
>     "feature tool=git" in your stream
>   * import-marks and export-marks are made into features
>   * "option vcs" is ignored if vcs is a different vcs
>   * "option vcs" must be recognised if vcs is this vcs

It would be quite nice if this issue moved forward for a change.

As a consequence of it moving forward, I could nudge Sverre into
continuing with his git-remote-hg work that will allow me to work
transparently on a Mercurial repository using Git.

Transparent as in "no hassles".

It also will serve nicely as a perfect excuse to fix some design mistakes
in the foreign vcs stuff.

Ciao,
Dscho