On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 19:26 -0500, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 19:01, Jelmer Vernooij <jel...@samba.org> wrote:
> > I wasn't aware there was anything like that. Where does it live?
> I got the original one from the bazaar folks, I plan to put it on pypi
> as a proper library. Currently you can see it at my git-remote-hg
> branch [0].
It'd be interesting to see if we could get bzr-fastimport to use the
external library as well. That should be easy enough if that's where the
code originally came from.

> > I've been looking at implementing fastimport/fastexport in dulwich; if
> > there's a standalone library Dulwich can depend on, that'd be even
> > nicer.
> Yes, I think we need consolidate all fastimport efforts, it'd be great
> if Dulwich used the to-be-made pypi library. You can see it in use at
> [1] and [2], although [2] is using it to convert to mercurial commits,
> it shouldn't be hard to create git commits instead.
I'm a bit concerned about adding a hard dependency on Dulwich, but I
guess we could just require the external library for
fastimport/fastexport support.

Cheers,

Jelmer