On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 09:15, Jelmer Vernooij <jel...@samba.org> wrote:
> I've done some initial work on this. The following bzr-fastimport
> branch:

Awesome!

> https://code.launchpad.net/~python-fastimport/python-fastimport/trunk

Nice, I see you added a 'setup.py' etc. Are you planning on uploading
it to pypi and maintaining it there?

> They're both based off the original Bazaar branch, so history is
> preserved. There are still a couple of bzrisms remaining in the
> python-fastimport code (mainly related to logging) which I haven't had
> time to remove yet.

Does that mean the code cannot be used without bzr installed, or just
that it's using a funky style for logging?

> I've also diffed your code against what I ended up with after splitting
> the current fastimport code. The patch (with conflicts resolved as best
> as I could) is @ http://samba.org/~jelmer/fastimport.sverre.diff .

Ouch, that's quite the diff. The only change I made to the fast-import
code I imported was to add support for the done command/feature. As
long as you support those I can simply depend on "fastimport".

--
Cheers,

Sverre Rabbelier