On Sat, 2010-09-04 at 12:02 -0500, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 4, 2010 at 09:15, Jelmer Vernooij <jel...@samba.org> wrote:
> > I've done some initial work on this. The following bzr-fastimport
> > branch:
>
> Awesome!
>
> > https://code.launchpad.net/~python-fastimport/python-fastimport/trunk
> Nice, I see you added a 'setup.py' etc. Are you planning on uploading
> it to pypi and maintaining it there?
Yep.

> > They're both based off the original Bazaar branch, so history is
> > preserved. There are still a couple of bzrisms remaining in the
> > python-fastimport code (mainly related to logging) which I haven't had
> > time to remove yet.
> Does that mean the code cannot be used without bzr installed, or just
> that it's using a funky style for logging?
At the moment it means you can't use it without bzr installed. That is
fixable by using the standard Python logging module instead of the bzr
functions. I am planning to fix that, I just haven't had time to do so
yet.

> > I've also diffed your code against what I ended up with after splitting
> > the current fastimport code. The patch (with conflicts resolved as best
> > as I could) is @ http://samba.org/~jelmer/fastimport.sverre.diff .
> Ouch, that's quite the diff. The only change I made to the fast-import
> code I imported was to add support for the done command/feature. As
> long as you support those I can simply depend on "fastimport".
Great, I'll have a look at importing at least that part of the diff.

Do you use the parseMany function at all? One of the features that was
present in your branch that isn't in upstream bzr-fastimport is the
support for parsing multiple files.

Cheers,

Jelmer