Thanks Joey,

I have some questions:

Do you use the same setup as me, with a single centralised bare repo that every
other repo pushes to and pulls from?

It looks as if you have a number of git repositories inside your first git
repository. Do you just .gitignore them?

Also do you have something to tie together working with so many different
repos? It must be quite inconvenient to do status, add, rm, commit etc. on
9 different repos all the time.

Any tips for versioning email with git? Does git work well for email? I thought
it might perform badly on the two extremes that email presents: one
big file (mbox) or one big folder with lots of small files in it (maildir). I
guess you would always want to do 'git add . ; git commit -a;' to
avoid having to manually add, rm and commit individual files. I think you might
want to somehow auto-generate commit messages for email too.