also sprach Mario Scholz <ma...@expires-1001.mail.trial-n-error.net>
[2009.11.24.2137 +0100]:
> right now i'm trying to find a solution to sync my home
> directory on different machines. Martin, Joey and others
> made a perfect job in defining/describing a solution with
> Joey's tool MR.

I actually got my vcs-home impulse from Joey.

> What is ~/.mrsetup. Is .mrconfig meant here?

Yes.

> Why is it so. Martin also wrote before:
>
> > mr is Joey Hess' multiple repository tool and I configure it
> > like
> > this:
> > http://git.madduck.net/v/etc/mr.git?a=tree;f=.mr;hb=HEAD. On
> > each machine I symlink those collections in ./roles to ~/.mr
> > (which
> > is what you see at the link). ~/.mrconfig then simply
> > includes them
> > and mr manages all my repos, including those under ~/.fgits
>
> Now i thought that there is only a single .mrconfig. This
> one is checked out by mrsetup in an earlier phase. The
> global .mrconfig file includes all modules which are put in
> ~/.mr/?  (symlinked from ~/roles)

Look at the script: the idea is that I store .mrconfig for each
machine/account separately, just in case I want to make local
changes. mrsetup checks in an auto-generated .mrconfig file in case
there isn't one for this account yet.

"sometimes we sit and read other people's interpretations of our
 lyrics and think, 'hey, that's pretty good.' if we liked it, we would
 keep our mouths shut and just accept the credit as if it was what we
 meant all along."
                                                        -- john lennon

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net