also sprach chombee <chom...@lavabit.com> [2010.03.10.1822 +0100]:
> I'm sure everyone already has their own one of these, but I just wanted
> to post my dotfile manager:
>
> http://github.com/seanh/dotfilemanager
>
> I've been using it for a while now and it seems to work well, I've
> ironed out a couple of bugs that it initially had. It's basically a
> re-implementation of Steve Kemp's dotfile manager in Python, but with
> some minor design tweaks.

I wonder what these offer that GNU stow or xstow couldn't do.

Similarly, I wonder why people use symlinks instead of hardlinks.
Sure thing, hardlinks are brittle, but if the manager keeps track
anyway, it might just as well recreate hardlinks as necessary.

"to every complex problem, there is a solution
 which is short, simple, and wrong."
                                                          -- mencken

spamtraps: madduck.bo...@madduck.net