On Sun, 2010-10-03 at 00:16 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> Chanoch (Ken) Bloom wrote:
> > Would bzr checkout --lightweight do the trick?
> I think that's the same as git clone --shared -- still has all the
> overhead of needing to check the files in, in the first place.

It's true that you have to check the files in, but unlike git, you can
have a lightweight checkout on a remote machine, and the repostiory
works like SVN. (I don't think it includes duplicates of all of the
files either.)

Bazaar has all kinds of exotic workflow options and working copy options
to go with it. It is able to emulate both svn and git very easily. You
should definitely have a look at the user guide to see whether any of
its options work for you.