On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 13:33:44 +0000
seanh <snh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 09:24:16PM +0100, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:
> > hmm according to `man git`, it supports patience diff as option for
> > the recursive strategy (which is default for 3-way merges) in other
> > words: `git merge -X patience` should work.
> > or branch.recursive.mergeoptions=patience
> > I'll experiment a bit more..
> Really? I don't see that it man git. That would be great though.

maybe you need to upgrade:

14:37:00 dieter@Gi ~ git --version
git version
14:37:44 dieter@Gi ~ man git-merge | grep -C 1 patience

               With this option, merge-recursive spends a little extra time to
avoid mismerges that sometimes occur due to unimportant matching lines (e.g.,
braces from distinct functions). Use this when
               the branches to be merged have diverged wildly. See also
git-diff(1) --patience.