I see you include fuse.py - http://code.google.com/p/fusepy/ - in your repo.
how does it compare to fuse-python - http://pypi.python.org/pypi/fuse-python ?

@Joey: you mentioned you think inotify might be a better backend/paradigm for
this than fuse, so do you think implementing git-annex in something like
dvcs-autosync is feasible? and/or preferable?

Ultimately, I think we're all looking for the same: dropbox-like, foss,
distributed, git-based (or support for git), elegant and suited for different
use cases (whether a handful of text files, or a bunch of huge binary files, or
a combination thereof).
I quite like dvcs-autosync (partially because inotify is more simple than fuse,
partially because it currently works already quite well) and I'm interested in
making it support space efficient storage of big files; from what I've read it
should be possible to do this with git-annex (which should not even change how
we currently deal with small files, they would still be in git) but I'm still
doing my first baby steps with git-annex so I wouldn't know. Advice very

Another note : files being tracked with git-annex through sharebox or
dvcs-autosync or whatever should always have at least 1 "backup copy", so that
if the file gets deleted everywhere, it still can be retrieved from somewhere
(which raises the interesting question: where will you store this backup copy?
introducing a node/repository which will hold backup copies can be considered
going to a centralized model; which is something you (Christophe-Marie) try to
explicitly avoid, but I think this is not necessarily a problem)