On Sun, Apr 3, 2011 at 17:13, Dieter Plaetinck <die...@plaetinck.be> wrote:

> If I tell mr explicitly to use a specific config, then I think it would be
> reasonable behavior to trust that file.  In fact, the whole reason I put the
> config in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/config, is to keep my home directory clean, an
> ~/.mrtrust file would completely defeat that.

If Joey is willing to jump on the freedesktop bandwagon,
$XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/trust or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/trust.d would make
sense. I am thinking about a wrapper around mr that works on

   $XDG_DATA_HOME/work/git/foo # code repo
   $XDG_DATA_HOME/foo.annex # annex repo
   $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/vcs.d/foo.git/mrconfig # fake bare repo with
config data
   $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/sites-available/foo.mrconfig #softlinked here
by `vcsdctl seed $PATH`
   $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/vcsd/sites-enabled/foo.mrconfig # softlinked here
by `vcsdctl enable foo`

Which would allow me to pull all my mr configs anywhere and enable
them selectively.

I had planned to flesh this out a bit more before getting feedback but
as I don't seem to get enough time, let's try with this version and
see who likes it.

Richard

PS: It might make sense to teach mr to handle groups. I.e. mr update
code would update everything in the code group.