On 13/12/11 07:19, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 18:02, Sean Whitton <s...@silentflame.com> wrote:
>
>> 3) Set up $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mr/available.d/ with configs for each of your
>>   fgits repos, following the templates in the new vcsh docs.  Make sure
>>   you have one for each chunk of your old ~/.mrconfig.
> Make sure $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is set. If it's not, set it to $HOME/.config

You should probably use $HOME/.config by default if $XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not
set. I would usually add a line like this somewhere at the top of a script, to
be sure it is set to something:

XDG_CONFIG_HOME=${XDG_CONFIG_HOME:-$HOME/.config}

>From the XDG spec [1]:

"|$XDG_CONFIG_HOME| defines the base directory relative to which user specific
configuration files should be stored. If |$XDG_CONFIG_HOME| is either not set
or empty, a default equal to |$HOME|/.config should be used."

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html

Bruce