On Sat, 2012-02-18 at 14:20 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 11:53, Thomas Koch <tho...@koch.ro> wrote:
> > Just entered Debian Testing: git2cl
>
> I tried that on sid, but I really don't like the output. It's a
> firehose, not a changelog.

Yes, in general one wants to create git commit messages from new
changelog entries, so that when you make a notable change, your users
can see it and your developers can see it, but you generally don't want
"fix typo" commit messages in your changelog, and you generally want to
collapse multi-commit changes into a single changelog entry.

But for historical work, I guess it helps as a start.