On Sun, Mar 4, 2012 at 7:08 PM, Dieter Plaetinck <die...@plaetinck.be> wrote:
> On Sun, 4 Mar 2012 17:19:25 +0000
> Adam Spiers <vcs-h...@adamspiers.org> wrote:
>
>  I have not yet used dvcs-autosync in anger;
> what do you mean?

It's just an expression :)  I mean I haven't used it seriously
yet - only tested it.

>>   addcmd = echo "New untracked file %s"
>>
>> Am I right in thinking that in this case, there is no synchronisation
>> issue to worry about?
>
> synchronisation issue? what do you mean?

Synchronisation as in, race conditions between manual operations
on the filesystem vs. automated actions by dvcs-autosync.
Sorry, I seem to be choosing very confusing words for this discussion :-/

> also, there are other callbacks which can run a 'git add' (such as a move
> which by default is git rm, git add, AFAIK)

Sure - I don't mind changes to existing files being autosynced,
but I want to manually add new files to the repo myself.