also sprach Sam Vilain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2007.12.17.0056 +0100]:
>    debian/ upstream/
>
> Where upstream is a submodule that points to an upstream repo.
> This also keeps the debian changelog nicely away from the upstream
> one.
>
> Anyone experimented with this?

Hi Sam,

I've experimented with this a tiny bit, yes. In your model, how do
you deal with Debian-specific changes to the upstream source, e.g.
to make it FHS-compliant?

Also, the Debian changelog is already nicely away from the upstream
one, isn't it? That said, I still believe we need to get rid of
having the Debian changelog stored as a file in VCS...

Cheers,

never trust an operating system
for which you do not have the source.
                                                   -- source unknown