On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:21:44PM +0000, James Westby wrote:
> On (07/01/08 23:43), Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   I know this is a painful thing to do (if you consider the inherent
> > triviality of it), hence I ended up writing a custom merger. This is all
> > very sketchy, but I'm sure people will enhance it :)
> >
> Hi Pierre,
> I have heard tell of another attempt to do this, and I am currently
> trying to get my hands on that code. Hopefully when I have that we can
> compare the two versions and try and see if any improvements can be made
> to them.
> Thanks,

  Well, I'm quite happy with my last version, that evens "fake" bpo
version to be greater so that the usual debian changelog ordering is
preserved (I never realized that because of backports.org changelogs
weren't ordered by version number …). Anyways, my up to date version
should live here for some time, until I decide to put it in a VCS ;)

  [0] http://madism.org/~madcoder/tmp/merge-debchangelog.py

·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]

vcs-pkg mailing list