Bugs item #2866481, was opened at 2009-09-25 13:03
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by danielel
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=611248&aid=2866481&group_id=95403

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
vde_cryptcab segfaults when in client mode.  I looked at the source and have
been able to track it down to the registration of the sigaction for the
SIGALRM.  The signal handler should not be defined in the function but rather
should have program scope.  I suspect its value is probably being overridden
when the method terminates.  Anyway defining it as a static variable fixed the
problem.  Great project though and great work!   Btw, are there any
opportunities for getting involved?

Date: 2010-05-03 07:44

Message:
"works for me"!
svn r408 should fix.

Comment By: Daniele Lacamera (danielel)
Date: 2010-04-30 00:27

Message:
is this issue still reproducible with svn r408?

Comment By: Luca Bigliardi (shammash)
Date: 2009-09-28 06:19

Message:
Hi,
of course there are! (bugs and opportunities :) )
Join the irc channel or the mailing list and we can figure out what to do

Luca

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2009-09-28 04:33

Message:
Hmm.  Now I cannot recreate it!  I will say though, that when it did
happen, i did not have logging enabled.  If I notice it again, I will add a
comment to this report.

Comment By: Nicholas Amon (nickamon)
Date: 2009-09-25 21:19

Message:
Yes, you are correct.  I took a cursory look at the source code and should
have looked at it more thoroughly.  Yes, I was able to recreate it
consistently.  I'll try it again when I get home with the verbose log
enabled and attach the output.

Comment By: Daniele Lacamera (danielel)
Date: 2009-09-25 20:25

Message:
I can't see the point, the function cryptcab_client() is the main client
function and never returns, so the variable cannot be overridden.
I'm afraid the bug is still hiding in non-reentrant logging functions
inside the signal handler. Are you able to reproduce it with verbosity=0
(i.e. no -v option at command line) ?

Thanks a lot

--
Daniele