Bugs item #2906735, was opened at 2009-12-01 13:24
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by shammash
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=611248&aid=2906735&group_id=95403

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Hi

The patch attached introduces a new library libvdexcable implementing the
protocol used by vde_plug to send data using a single socket.

It also introduces slirpvdex, a modified slirp that uses the library to send
and receive packets over stdio.

This is useful for instance, to run slirp in a remote host without requiring a
vde_swith there:

  $ dpipe vde_plug = ssh my.host.org slirpvdex

My real aim behind this library is to be able to use slirpvde from simh
(http://simh.trailing-edge.com/) without requiring running a vde_swith (and
this is where the x-cable name comes from).

Date: 2010-07-03 16:43

Message:
Hi Salvador!

Sorry for the immense delay..
rd235 introduced a feature similar to the one you're proposing here
(commits 404 - 407) which will be part of the upcoming 2.3.0 release,
therefore I'm closing this bug.

Feel free to reopen it for additional comments.

Thank you,

Luca

Comment By: Luca Bigliardi (shammash)
Date: 2009-12-15 10:52

Message:
Hi Salvador!

I'm sorry but we're quite busy in these days so we didn't have any chance
to have a look at your patch. We'll try to post a (more useful) comment as
soon as possible.

Thank you very much for your contribution,

Luca