Bugs item #2498353, was opened at 2009-01-10 21:56
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The 'Basic Networking' tutorial does not state that the switch socket must be
included in the -net vde argument to vdeqemu, as was explained in this VDE
forum thread:

Also in the Basic Networking tutorial, 'Step 2a: Connecting with natively'

"If you use qemu > 0.9.1 or kvm >= 72, both compiled with --enable-vde you can
use native VDE support. Please refer to official qemu/kvm documentation to
setup the network with VDE."

The Qemu documentation at http://bellard.org/qemu/qemu-doc.html does not
mention VDE.  Perhaps this section of the tutorial could provide instructions.

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)