My main machine's IP is 192.168.13.100 and my media server's IP is
192.168.13.200

I did the following:

1. vde_switch -tap eth1
2. ip addr add 192.168.13.101 dev eth1
3. ifconfig eth1 up

My interface is up and running and I can ping it from my other machines.

I added a new route:

route add 192.168.13.200 dev eth1 but that server is no longer
accessible. Why can't I route it through the new interface I created
using vde_switch?

My goal is to use a separate interface for all traffic between my
machine and the media server so that I can monitor internet traffic and
local traffic separately.
--

  blackc...@speedpost.net

                          or over the web