Bugs item #3534322, was opened at 2012-06-11 06:36
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by rd235
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=611248&aid=3534322&group_id=95403

not just the latest update.
Category: vde_switch
Group: None

Initial Comment:
hey,
there is a Bug in in function
find_entry and find_in_hash_update

You need also to enter the Critical-Section like this:

qtime_csenter();
for(e = h[k]; e && e->dst != esrc; e = e->next)
qtime_csexit();

I have running a vde_switch with this patch since 137 days. The Network has 39
VLANs with 2000 nodes (round).

Regards,
 Volker Henze

Date: 2012-06-12 02:12

Message:
Thank you Volker for your report.

I am considering to solve the problem in a different way: using ppoll
insted of poll for vde_switch's main loop.

qtime_csenter/csexit require a system call each, so your patch could slow
down the packet dispatching.

I would like to have more info on the race conditions you have had.
thank you... renzo davoli/rd235