Bugs item #2115547, was opened at 2008-09-16 23:13
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=611248&aid=2115547&group_id=95403

not just the latest update.
Category: vde_switch
Group: None

Initial Comment:
When using vde_switch (most recent, 2.2.2, downloaded from here and compiled)
it segfaults when setting the number of ports greater than 96, and then
bringing the tap interface up.

To replicate:

Using command line: vde_switch -s /var/run/vde2/tap0.ctl -m 660 -p
/var/run/vde2/tap0.pid -t tap0 -M /var/run/vde2/tap0.mgmt --mgmtmode 660

then issuing the vde_switch command: "port/setnumports 97"

then at another terminal: "ifconfig tap0 up"

causes the segfault.

Probing a bit in gdb looks like it's in port.c:512 --

0x0804c209 in handle_in_packet (port=1, packet=0xbfec18ae, len=<value optimized
out>) at port.c:512
512
BA_FORALL(vlant[vlan].bcuntag,numports,
(gdb)

but I couldn't quite figure out what all the macros were doing in that line.
I'll have a more detailed look  to see if I can figure out what it's doing...

Comment By: Nobody/Anonymous (nobody)
Date: 2012-07-21 09:08

Message:
cZf8jj  <a href="http://iglrrgbaswzf.com/";>iglrrgbaswzf</a>,
[url=http://nbumiqphvjxj.com/]nbumiqphvjxj[/url],
[link=http://uexxhxvuwbqa.com/]uexxhxvuwbqa[/link],
http://vlvfzpyhvqdt.com/

Comment By: Luca Bigliardi (shammash)
Date: 2008-09-21 06:45

Message:
Hi!
I've committed your patch (svn revision 321).

Unfortunately I cannot reproduce what you said on IRC:
"<sall> at the moment, it looks like the bug may not be completely fixed --
I can set a large number of ports fine, and it doesn't segfault anymore,
but it stops transferring data, too :-("

I'm closing the bug, feel free to re-open it if you have further
informations on how to reproduce the "data transfer" problem.

Thank you,

luca

Comment By: Michael Sallaway (sallz0r)