Alexander Golks wrote:
> i think i'll try this "-ao alsa:pcm=default".
>
> but as i already mentioned, the softdevice complains about the ac3
> stream. perhaps something like "-ao alsa:pcm=default#ac3=default#" will
> do the job.

ac3(spdif) is only going to work if you have a sound card with a digital
toslink or coaxial connector on it, supported by ALSA, and hooked to a
compatible digital stereo receiver, or your sound card has a built in
dolby digital decoder.  If you have none of that or plan to not use any
of that, leave out the ac3 altogether.

The way to use -ao is in the documentation for softdevice.