Hi,

what is the best way to make a cList derived object thread safe?

I have an object derived from cList and access it in the main thread and also in a background thread. The main thread access can modify the object (insert, edit, delete or even reload the complete list) while the background thread will only read the list. So e.g. a reload in the main thread could cause a crash in the background thread, if it just loops through the list.

There are already some synchronisation methods in VDR (cMutex, cThreadLock,...). Is there any preferred method to solve my problem? Is there any plugin that already handled and solved this?

Thanks,

Christian