Udo Richter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Is there a plugin that allow to scan a specific transponder ?
>
> Hmm, usually its enough to tune to that transponder, I think. So if
> you start a recording, or use streamdev to enforce this transponder on
> the second card, epg data should be updated.

yes i'm considering using streamdev, and something like 'curl -m
$maxtime -o /dev/null url'.

> With a single satellite, the automatic epg background scan has a
> round-trip time of 20 minutes or so. Is this really not enough to keep
> your epg up to date?

most of the time we're tuned to a bbc or itv channel.
I'd like to use master-time to automatically records my soap shows
even if i'm in front of the tv.
Main problem is that itv & bbc only broadcast now/next epg and i have
to tune to one channel of the transponders regularly.
(i could also import external epg into vdr)

Cheers