martin wrote:

I’ve problems when implementing the latest 1.4.2.-1 Patch. Here’s the problem: I used VDR-Admin to change a timer setting. Every time I try to save the changed timer, VDR crashes, please see attached strace.

I’ve checked against all 1.4.1-* versions, with bigpatch, without. It must be something with the latest 1.4.2-1 Patch.

The only thing I could imagine causing this is the change to
the cTimer::operator=() function.

Please try adding some debug output before and after the
free(aux) calls, as in:

cTimer::~cTimer()
{
  fprint(stderr, "A %p\n", aux);
  free(aux);
  fprint(stderr, "B\n");
}

cTimer& cTimer::operator= (const cTimer &Timer)
{
  startTime    = Timer.startTime;
  stopTime     = Timer.stopTime;
  lastSetEvent = 0;
  recording    = Timer.recording;
  pending      = Timer.pending;
  inVpsMargin  = Timer.inVpsMargin;
  flags        = Timer.flags;
  channel      = Timer.channel;
  day          = Timer.day;
  weekdays     = Timer.weekdays;
  start        = Timer.start;
  stop         = Timer.stop;
  priority     = Timer.priority;
  lifetime     = Timer.lifetime;
  strncpy(file, Timer.file, sizeof(file));
  fprint(stderr, "C %p\n", aux);
  free(aux);
  fprint(stderr, "D\n");
  aux = Timer.aux ? strdup(Timer.aux) : NULL;
  event = NULL;
  return *this;
}

Let me know what the last output is.