Boguslaw Juza wrote:

  I have got big request for Author - It would be nice to make "spaces" in
channels list. I want to set "info channels" from 1 to 8, "movie channels"
form 10 to 15, sport from 20 etc... So I need to make empty spaces
witch ch. numbers 9, 16-19... etc. Switching channels Up/Down should skip spaces.

man 5 vdr:

       The file  channels.conf  contains  the  channel  configuration.   Each
       defines either a group delimiter or a channel.

       A group delimiter is a line starting with a ':' as the very first
       followed by arbitrary text. Example:

       :First group

       Group delimiters may also be used to specify the number of the next
       To  do this, the character '@' and a number must immediately follow the
       as in

       :@201 First group

       The given number must be larger than the  number  of  any  previous
       (otherwise it is silently ignored).

       A  group  delimiter  can also be used to just set the next channel's
       without an explicit delimiter text, as in

       Such a delimiter will not appear in the Channels menu.