Jouni Karvo wrote:
> hi,
>
> I was wondering of moving the (low) noise VDR machine away from the
> living room.  For that, I would need something new, and was
> considering Hauppauge MediaMVP.  So a couple of questions:
>
> - does MediaMVP and work with dvb-subtitles plugin?
> - which plugin to use: mediamvp plugin, or vompserver plugin?
> - do these plugins show VDR:s OSD (so that e.g. tvonscreen or
>   osdteletext would work) ?
MVP ist not a "repeater" solution for vdr,s osd for that you  should
have a look at the xine-net solution with a passive epia system als
frontent (flash or network boot)
http://mitglied.lycos.de/peterweber69/xine/xine.htm
http://mitglied.lycos.de/peterweber69/index-Dateien/image003.jpg

imho the best developed client solution working with a noiseless
industriel produced client is the MTPCenter (Pinnacle Showcenter based)
http://www.panczyk.org/linux/mtp_center_eng.html
but this will not be a solution with VDR osd