>> I tested with VDR 1.4.3 and test_av app included in 22623 test
>> firmware package, with firmwares 261a, 261f, 2622 and that test version
>> 22623.
>> Everytime playback stuttered and lost a/v sync after scene change situation.
>>
>> So I think this is more like dvb firmware/driver problem than VDR problem.
>> However this is very annoying.

>I agree, this is not VDR problem but firmware. However, I don't know which
>mailing
> list is better to report this problem: vdr or dvb thus I've sent this here.

My gut feeling is that these problems appeared around when AC3 bitstream out
came into DVB firmware,
and I think that was done by Werner Fink.

I think he has kept knowledge by himself, so maybe he should be able fix the
situation?

http://www.linuxtv.org/download/firmware/
2004-12-26 dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261d
        Changes by Werner Fink:
        - Implement AC3/DTS replay capability
        - Proper handling of OSD bitmap loading with timeouts
        - Set interpolated option of video decoder to reduce block
          noise on hard picture changes
        - FlushTS command fixes

2003-10-13 dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261b
        fixed distortions when switching channel while recording
..

2003-07-09 dvb-ttpci-01.fw-261a

(this is the first new type of firmware(is it?), and was already tested by you)

But this is a feeling, not a fact. So maybe older default firmware for old type
of driver
should be tested, I mean not dvb-ttpci* type of file, I mean Root & Dpram
-files.