martin wrote:
So, as far as i can read with my basic knowledge: if there is a difference
of more then 2 (don't know the unit, but I think it must be seconds), there
is a step in time.

If SAT time and internal clock differ by more than 2 seconds, and this time offset is reported twice in a row, the clock is set in one step.

This can be sometimes not so nice, as it can give
consistency problems (e.g.: timestamps in syslog or file system)

Even more severe. In case of very large time jumps, this can even lead to the famous "video data stream broken" and similar timeout issues.

Cheers,

Udo