Hi again,

Stefan Lucke escribió:

/ But after started it without problems now I get:
/>/
/>/ [softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
/>/ X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
/>/ operation)
/>/   Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
/>/     Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
/>/       Value in failed request:  0x3ff
/
Which are the startup options now ?
0x3ff = 1023 = 1024 - 11
My startup options are only "-vo xv:full"

Did you changed your X resolution via "ALT"+"CTRL"+"Keypad +" ?
No but I press the 'f' key to toggle between fullscreen and windowed vdr mode.
The second time I run vdr with -vo xv:full don't work

can you show us the output of command xdpyinfo ?
My xdpyinfo output command Is here:

name of display:    :0.0
version number:    11.0
vendor string:    The X.Org Foundation
vendor release number:    70101000
X.Org version: 7.1.1
maximum request size:  16777212 bytes
motion buffer size:  256
bitmap unit, bit order, padding:    32, LSBFirst, 32
image byte order:    LSBFirst
number of supported pixmap formats:    7
supported pixmap formats:
   depth 1, bits_per_pixel 1, scanline_pad 32
   depth 4, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
   depth 8, bits_per_pixel 8, scanline_pad 32
   depth 15, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
   depth 16, bits_per_pixel 16, scanline_pad 32
   depth 24, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
   depth 32, bits_per_pixel 32, scanline_pad 32
keycode range:    minimum 8, maximum 255
focus:  window 0x60000e, revert to Parent
number of extensions:    29
   BIG-REQUESTS
   DAMAGE
   DPMS
   Extended-Visual-Information
   GLX
   MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
   MIT-SHM
   MIT-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD
   RANDR
   RENDER
   SECURITY
   SGI-GLX
   SHAPE
   SYNC
   TOG-CUP
   X-Resource
   XC-APPGROUP
   XC-MISC
   XFIXES
   XFree86-Bigfont
   XFree86-DGA
   XFree86-DRI
XFree86-Misc
   XFree86-VidModeExtension
   XInputExtension
   XKEYBOARD
   XTEST
   XVideo
   XVideo-MotionCompensation
default screen number:    0
number of screens:    1

screen #0:
 dimensions:    720x576 pixels (183x146 millimeters)
 resolution:    100x100 dots per inch
 depths (7):    24, 1, 4, 8, 15, 16, 32
 root window id:    0x47
 depth of root window:    24 planes
 number of colormaps:    minimum 1, maximum 1
 default colormap:    0x20
 default number of colormap cells:    256
 preallocated pixels:    black 0, white 16777215
 largest cursor:    32x32
 current input event mask:    0x58007f
   KeyPressMask             KeyReleaseMask           ButtonPressMask
   ButtonReleaseMask        EnterWindowMask          LeaveWindowMask
PointerMotionMask SubstructureNotifyMask SubstructureRedirectMask
   PropertyChangeMask
 number of visuals:    12
 default visual id:  0x22
 visual:
   visual id:    0x22
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x23
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
visual:
   visual id:    0x24
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x25
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x26
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x27
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x28
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x29
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x2a
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x2b
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x2c
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits
 visual:
   visual id:    0x2d
   class:    TrueColor
   depth:    24 planes
   available colormap entries:    256 per subfield
   red, green, blue masks:    0xff0000, 0xff00, 0xff
   significant bits in color specification:    8 bits

Which osd_image size was reported in that case ?
[setup-softdevice] startup aspect set to (16:9 wide)
[softdevice] initializing Plugin
[softdevice] Initializing Video Out
[softdevice] ffmpeg build(3345920)
[XvVideoOut]: osd_image shmid = 2129920
[XvVideoOut]: got osd_image: width 720 height 576, bytes per line 2880
[softdevice] Subplugin successfully opend
[softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
[softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
[softdevice] Audio out seems to be OK
[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
 Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
     Value in failed request:  0x3ff
       Serial number of failed request:  250

Another issue that I don't know if is related with the main topic is that when I start vdr correctly (only the first time) I don't get video. I'm using streamdev-client. In syslog I see:

[XvVideoOut]: (ERROR) could not grab any port! No video possible!

Thank you for you attention.

Hi!,

Recently I have connected my vdr box to my CRT 16:9 TV. I use the
s-video(I want to use the rca tv-out for digital audio) connector of my
epia M.10000.

I have followed some instructions to configure xorg with s-video out
from this page:

http://www.kingcot.eclipse.co.uk/unichrome/unichromeTvOut.html

I don't know if this url is up to date.
I have got see my wmaker desktop in my tv but when I start vdr with
softdevice I get:

[softdevice] initializing Plugin
[softdevice] Initializing Video Out
[softdevice] ffmpeg build(3345920)
[XvVideoOut]: osd_image shmid = 2686978
[XvVideoOut]: got osd_image: width 720 height 576, bytes per line 2880
[softdevice] Subplugin successfully opend
[softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
[softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
[softdevice] Audio out seems to be OK
[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder
X Error of failed request:  BadValue (integer parameter out of range for
operation)
Major opcode of failed request:  145 (MIT-SHM)
Minor opcode of failed request:  3 (X_ShmPutImage)
Value in failed request:  0x2ff

0x2ff = 767 = 768 - 1
768 is the default startup width.

So you can try to:
a. start in full screen mode "-vo xv:full", which adjusts width and
  height to available max values (720 width in your case I guess).
b. choose software OSD blending (via OSD :-( ) or via setup.conf:
  softdevice.OSDalphablend = 1

Serial number of failed request:  337

Stefan Lucke

__________ Información de NOD32, revisión 1.1832 (20061025) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con  NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com