Udo Richter wrote:
Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
I agree to move it down until before the line

   if (timer && Delta < Setup.MinEventTimeout * 60 && ForceShutdown) {

in order to not interfere with the "assuming manual start of VDR" stuff.
But if we move it further down, the dsyslog("reboot at %s", *TimeToString(Next))
will be executed, even if the plugin's activity prevents that from
happening.

No, I thought of that too. This code part explicitly requests "&& ForceShutdown", while the new code requires "!ForceShutdown", so they exclude each other.

Oh, I must have missed that.

Moving it down to before "ForceShutdown = false;" will also prevent Active() from being called within the MinEventTimeout gap.

Ok, I'll move it before the line

  if (!Next || Delta > Setup.MinEventTimeout * 60 || ForceShutdown) {

then.

The whole shutdown code is an ugly mess, and could use a clean rewrite in the 1.5.x cycle. I'll volunteer if that helps...

Sure, once the 1.5 cycle has been opened, I'll be glad to see
how you can do this cleaner ;-)

Klaus