Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
Why not just keep it away. I think it is not too hard to replace that in the plugins.

You're probably right.
By the time I'll release the next maintenance patch I guess
all plugins will have been updated, anyway.

This strikes on the control plugin and the streamdev plugin, both rather un-maintained. Plus, plugin maintainers may need to make sure / test, that adapted plugins also compile on 1.4.4 and earlier, as this may need an additional #include <stdint.h> here and there.

What about keeping it for the 1.4.x cycle and dropping it in the first 1.5.x version?

Cheers,

Udo