Hi Marko,

built-in bitmap Fonts in vdr are not uniform. Those must be first exchanged.

UTF8 user found Freetype fonts better than built-in. Size is scallable.

Marko Mäkelä schrieb:
For one, I fear that Freetype could use too much processing power.
Secondly, I would expect the rendered glyphs to look bad in the
interlaced output of vdr -P'softdevice -vo dfb:mgatv'
(TV output of Matrox G450).

try out simply, i use DXR3 and meine frends FF cards.

Do you have any thoughts on this?  How hard would it be to combine all
VDR font bitmaps to one that would use Unicode Basic Multilingual Plane?
Presumably, it would have to be a sparse data structure, since most code
points of the BMP are not present in the bitmap fonts nor used by
DVB-T senders.

        Marko

PS: I saw one Russian (or Bulgarian or some Cyrillic) and one German comment
being added by vdr-1.4.3-utf8-0.1.3-rc1.diff.gz.  Maybe it would be
better to translate them into English.