On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 05:48:47PM +0100, Udo Richter wrote:
> The idea of pressing power button twice is also nice, though it will
> confuse scripts that send power key presses. Plus, effectively, while
> you currently confirm shutdown with "power, ok", you now confirm with
> "power, power".

Furthermore, some cRemote implementations have incorrectly omitted the
kRepeat flag from repeat events in the past.  As far as I remember, the
latest report of this on this list was not resolved.  It was with some
RF remote control unit, as far as I remember.  To be exact, it was in
the kernel input event driver in that case, but there have been bugs in
user-space drivers as well.

Users of such RCUs could accidentally send "power, power" with a single
press of the button.

> And together with the other numerous reasons for not shutting down,
> this gets confusing: Use power button to override running
> timers, and use ok button to override timers in a few minutes?

I hope you will find some logical solution.  And I'm sure someone will
complain, no matter what you come up with. :-)

        Marko