On 12/14/06, mike lewis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 12/14/06, Darren Salt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I demand that mike lewis may or may not have written...
>
> > These debs, what are they?  How do I use them?  I'm a new ubuntu user and
> > I'd love to be able to use xine (for vdr head) on ubuntu this without
> > having to compile it myself..
>
> <URL:http://www.youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk/progs.etch.html>
>
> I don't know if they're installable on whichever Ubuntu release you're using
> (guess: edgy). Chances are, however, that they are.
>
> The best way to install them is by using the 'deb' line given on the above
> page and installing via an apt front end (typically aptitude, apt-get or
> synaptic).
>
> [snip]
I'll let you know how it goes..

Mick
OK.  newbie time..  When I try to apt-get update I get the following error:
---
W: GPG error: http://zap.tartarus.org testing Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY B012AD8CF19F599F
---

And, when I issues apt-cache  showpkg vdr;

It tells me about both versions available to me (of which, yours is
not the preffered source!)  How can I select your source, or how can I
make your source trusted?

Mick