In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Kartsa wrote:

> I have Fedora Core 6 and vdr installed using yum. The problem is that it
> takes all the cpu time after boot and I have to restart vdr to make it
> run properly. I have vdr-1.4.4 with softdevice-0.3.1 and
> subtitles-0.4.0. My cpu is PIII 550MHz and I use softdevice with Matrox
> G400 (and DirectFB). After restarting vdr it works fine but that is not
> very convenient :) I've tried changing the point when vdr starts by
> modifying the init scripts chkconfig values.
> After restarting vdr cpu load is about 60%.
> Any hints? I.e. how/when should matroxfb kernel module be loaded? Now I
> load it in rc.modules.

You could try the xine output plugin with df_xine instead. It's better
at A/V sync than softdevice IME, and you can turn the video on and off
to save power, or to watch something else, eg a DVD, while VDR is still
running in the background for recording etc. Use to tie it all together all under the
control of one remote.

TH *