Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Halim Sahin wrote:
On Mo, Jan 29, 2007 at 06:43:40 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
Yes, I do plan to do this. Yesterday I've installed my DVB-S2 card in
a test box, so hopefully I'll be able to start digging into this one
of these days...

I wish ;-)

It's a Technotrend S2-3200 HDTV-S2, unfortunately with the C1L chip version.
So if you get yourself such a card, you might want to make sure you get one
with the C2L version (see Manu Abraham's message at
Don't know personally if this actually is a problem, because so far I haven't
started working with it.

There is a promising FF solution being developed by Micronas. Dual
DVB-S2 receiver, hardware H.264 decoding and HDMI output.

It's has a PCI express card so Klaus might have to bye a new PC after
all ;-)
But also Technotrend might get their DVB-S2 FF card to the market sooner
or later.

Ondrej ...

P.S. Funny subject for this thread. Maybe it was supposed to be a
private conversation?