Dear Klaus,
I pay you respect, as you do a great job. You do a lot of work - for free - for
the community! So, don't missunderstand me: I really do not intend to blame you
But when it comes to the "Service" thinking of a VDR, things get difficult. VDR
is a Service - nothing more, nothing less (SOA thinking).
The question "was there a recording" is neglibible. I don't care if there is a
recording going on, when I want to watch a film. The main job of VDR at the
time of watching a recording is to display the film. Who cares if the current
_BACKGROUND_ recording is disturbed, it's a _FACT_ and i _CAN'T_ change
anything at this time. But it drives me and my beloved mad, that we have a
shutdown-show-shutdown-show (okay, don't want to do a cut'n'paste show here,
but it was 10 maybe 15, 20 times!).
Make a switch and everything is fine. With your emergency exit you fixed
problems, that are actually not yours! If the DVB drivers are buggy, try to
push the responsibility to those, who _MUST_ take care of the problem. For me,
I have Technotrend budget cards which never have a DVB driver problem, it makes
make blood rush.
So long and schönes Pfingstsonntag,