VDR developer version 1.5.4 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.3:
- Increased APIVERSION (forgot to do that in 1.5.2 and 1.5.3).
- Fixed a crash in i18n character set conversion (thanks to Alexander Riedel,
Jose Alberto Reguero and Christian Wieninger for patches that cured part of
- Adjusted the 'skincurses' plugin to UTF-8 handling.
- Using nl_langinfo(CODESET) to determine the local codeset to use (thanks to
Thomas Günther). The codeset names in 'libsi/si.c' have been changed to the
canonical spelling with '-' (thanks to Ludwig Nussel for pointing this out).
- Modified handling invalid characters in VFAT mode.
- Replaced strn0cpy() with Utf8Strn0Cpy() where necessary.
- Now using 'fontconfig' to determine which fonts to use (thanks to Anssi
for code and hints on how to do this).
- If no fonts are installed, VDR now uses a dummy font that doesn't actually
any text, and logs an error message.
- The new function cFont::CreateFont() can be used by plugins to create and use
fonts of their own, independent of VDR's standard fonts.
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Changed the parameter "OSD font" to "Default font" in "Setup/OSD" (suggested
by Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Fixed handling detached processes in SystemExec() (thanks to Udo Richter).
- The info.vdr file now also stores the name of the channel, and the new
cRecordingInfo::ChannelName() returns this information if available (based on
a patch from Alexander Hans).
- The new function cOsd::SetOsdPosition() can be used to dynamically change the
position and size of the OSD (based on a request from Christoph Haubrich).
Plugins that implement skins should no longer use Setup.OSDWidth etc.
but should rather use cOsd::OsdWidth() etc. instead.
Currently a change to the OSD position will only apply to newly opened OSDs.
vdr mailing list