VDR developer version 1.5.6 is now available at
A 'diff' against the previous developer version is available at
This is a *developer* version. Even though *I* use it in my productive
environment, I strongly recommend that you only use it under controlled
conditions and for testing and debugging.
The changes since version 1.5.5:
- Fixed a buffer overflow in initializing the system character table (thanks
to Marco Schlüßler).
- Updated the Russian OSD texts (thanks to Oleg Roitburd).
- Fixed handling single byte characters >0x7F in Utf8ToArray() (thanks to Udo
- Improved numdigits(), isnumber() and strreplace() (thanks to Tobias
- Fixed clearing color buttons in the 'curses' skin (thanks to Udo Richter).
- Fixed a typo in the function name of cOsd::SetOsdPosition() and added a range
check to it (thanks to Christoph Haubrich).
- Updated the Finnish OSD texts (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Improved cControl::Launch() to keep 'control' from pointing to uninitialized
memory (thanks to Rolf Ahrenberg).
- Made skipspace() an inline function (suggested by Tobias Bratfisch) and
it to handle the most common case of 'no leading space' very fast, and avoid
calling isspace(), which made the whole function a lot faster.
- Fixed detection of Premiere NVOD channel links (thanks to anonymous).
- Added a table of the used trick speed values to the description of
cDevice::TrickSpeed() (suggested by Martin Dauskardt).
- Added a missing 'P' to vdr.c's SHUTDOWNCANCELROMPT macro (reported by Marco
vdr mailing list